Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
(actually Slim Jr now)
24,597 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
67/68 integral HVAC box is mounted to the firewall with two nuts on bracket studs. The box/case has two halves. The bracket to the lower half is the one I need.
The bracket is riveted to the fiberglass box by the blower opening.

My HVAC assembly was dropped and that bracket broken off, rivets torn out of the fiberglass. The bracket was lost.

I realize this is a one in a million long shot.

Desperate, Slim

·
(actually Slim Jr now)
24,597 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I’ve got a 67 coupe parts car I can look and see if it still there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
To save you any trouble the box was entirely different with A/c than without.
Thanks for the response.

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
To save you any trouble the box was entirely different with A/c than without.

Thanks for the response.

Ok that strikes out one car, got another one that is non ac, will check it in the morning when I get to the shop.

·
Registered
4,824 Posts
I have a spare case half I used for parts. I'll see if I can find it and if it still has the bracket. If not Call Clasic Auto Air. They might have it as they restore old cases.

·
(actually Slim Jr now)
24,597 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Looks like I caused confusion. I need the bracket from A/C box/case.

·
(actually Slim Jr now)
24,597 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Slim, I have 4 or 5 donor units and should be able to hook you up. Can you add a pic of what you need? John
Can't show a pic of the part because it's missing. If you look at the firewall side of the heater/AC box/assembly there are two mounting studs that
stick thru the firewall as you face it from the engine side.The one to the passenger side of the heater coil hoses goes to the bracket I'm missing.

The bracket is riveted to the case by the air inlet.

If you have a broken HVAC case you're willing to sell that bracket you're my savior!

Slim

·
(actually Slim Jr now)
24,597 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Can't show a pic of the part because it's missing. If you look at the firewall side of the heater/AC box/assembly there are two mounting studs that
stick thru the firewall as you face it from the engine side.The one to the DRIVER side of the heater coil hoses goes to the bracket I'm missing.

The bracket is riveted to the case by the air inlet.

If you have a broken HVAC case you're willing to sell that bracket you're my savior!

Slim
NOTE: I passenger side was wrong should
say DRIVER. I exceeded the 4 minute limit for editing!!!

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
Slim, I looked at both my 67 parts cars, one was an AC car but box long gone, other has the box but non AC.

·
(actually Slim Jr now)
24,597 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I'll drag some out this weekend and take pictures of the area you described. Should be no problem.
If one of them matches my upper half would you consider selling it or maybe the whole box?

Thanks for your trouble
slim

·
(actually Slim Jr now)
24,597 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I have a spare case half I used for parts. I'll see if I can find it and if it still has the bracket. If not Call Clasic Auto Air. They might have it as they restore old cases.

I checked with Classic Auto Air, also West Coast Classic Cougar. Both rebuild the cases. Both say I can be on their list when they have parts or case lower half.

Thanks,
Slim

1 - 15 of 15 Posts