Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does anyone know what steel headlight bucket assembly was used on 68 shelbys? I think they used the 64 fairlane but Im not sure. Im pretty sure that 67 shelbys used the smaller type earlier steel buckets from another early 60s ford. [email protected]

·
Registered
10,172 Posts
Actually, I thought the 68 Shelby just used the standard Mustang bucket. After all, doesn't the headlight sit right where Ford put it?
Now the 68's had only 2 headlights and 2 foglights, those required the larger headlights.
Now, in 67, Shelby used 4 headlights. Federal law required that these be the smaller sized ones. AND, the nose of the 67 Shelby extends out some 4" forward of where the stock 67 Mustang lights were. The outer headlight buckets are out of the parts bin from Ford, maybe the truck line with custom mounting. I'm not sure.
The high beams on a 67, well, there are 2 ways of mounting the inboard lights, known as early and late. The outboard highbeams were all the same type of mounting.

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
actually the 68 shelby steel buckets are very different than the standard mustang version. Its like a bucket within a bucket. I just need to find out what other early ford had them.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts