Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm trying to figure out why my turn signals won't cancel. I pulled the steering wheel and the turn signal cam looks ok. I remember on my 66 that the steering wheel has a little piece of metal (i think there are actually 2 pieces) hanging down that cancels the cam when the wheel passes it. My 68 wheel doesn't have this piece - any ideas if it should? Maybe it broke off years ago and the cheap PO didn't get a new steering wheel. As always thanks for the help. Mike

·
Registered
51 Posts
If I'm not mistaken there is a white circular plastic piece that snaps on the back of the steering wheel that cancels the turn signal.

·
Registered
230 Posts
I am having the same problem on my 68. Only my turn signals wont come on. So i have to buy the whole turn signal cancelor assy which is going to cost me about 80 bucks.

·
Registered
2,061 Posts
I think that Mustangs Unlimited has a new cam for about $15 if you don't mind spicing wires.

Daniel

·
Registered
76 Posts
I've got a slightly different problem. When I make a right turn and straighten out the turn signal goes past just cancelling, it turns on the left turn signal. Any ideas?

·
Premium Member
19,225 Posts
The turn signal cam return is a orange clip that goes on the backside of the steering wheel. It can be rotated so it won't over-cancel and turn your other side blinker on.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts