Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1967 Mustang with 1968 seats. I am not concerned about originality and prefer the locking seat back feature but I want to use TMI's Sport Seat upholstery and they only offer it for 65-67. I know the seat bottoms are the same (the repros are for 65-70s) but what about the backs? Anyone have one of each for a side-by-side comparison? Or a picture of a "naked" 67 seat back?

·
Registered
560 Posts
Hey I want my seats back!

I had the opposite problem. I have a 68 with 67 front seats. My problem began when I took the seats, which were with my 68 project to the upholsterer. I got a call from the upholsterer who told me either I gave him the wrong seats or wrong upholstery and foam. He said what he has he cannot make work. I found a tag under the seat which showed they were 67 seats. I though oh crap what do I do now, buy 68 seats or 67 upholstery. Lucky for me my neighbor has a 68 coupe (parts car). He gave me his seats and gave him the 67 frames. My point of all this is I believe they are different based on my experience. I no longer have the frames and my "new" seats are covered. Just thought it was weird how we had the same problem in the opposite way :D

If you have no luck with getting any help. I can get a photo of the seat back for you by tomorrow. Just get me you email address.

·
Registered
408 Posts
The foam will not fit the seat back. Where there's a will there's a way but I don't know of anyone that has done it.
For anyone that was at Silver Spring's this past weekend what's really cool is the Sport Seat that fit Mach 1 high backs.
Scott

1 - 3 of 3 Posts