Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,315 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i know i have 68 cons base/68 big thick pad with seatbelt slots/////68 radio faceplate with slider door///but my pad 4 the radio faceplt.is only about 3/8 thick maybe//on 68 shouldnt this be much thicker pad.where the 2 pads meet dont fit or look right//thinking i have a 67 faceplate pad//thanks/gary s.

neverending<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1>Edited by gmshifflett on 04/15/01 09:10 PM (server time).</FONT></P>

·
Registered
4,800 Posts
I'm no expert but I thought that the 68's were the only year with the padding on the edges. Maybe you have a Cougar console or ?

J. Boggs

·
Registered
2,315 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
think u r right on 68 padding only.but does the radio plate pad have the same padding as the bottom//as i mentioned the top pad is flat 1/4-3/8 thick.doesnt butt up right with bottom pad i still think this radio area pad might be 67--and i need 68 pad there to matc bottom//thanks

neverending

·
Registered
2,315 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ok i guess i have 68 console.it just doesnt look right//had a bunch stuff in attic since 79-80.trying to put together console or 2..maybe ill see something at carlisle this weekend to compare it to...as always thanks for the info//gary s.

neverending

G

·
0 Posts
I have a '68 w/ upper and lower consoles. I'm sure they're original because my parents bought the car "almost new" in 1969 and I have had it since 1980. The console padding and the radio trim padding have never fit snugly. There is a gap between the two. However, if you put a spacer under the front of the console it will fit better. I have even used a folded paper towel under each side of the front padded portion and everything seems to line up better. I hope this made sense.

Also, the pad around the radio is not flat. It should have the same contour as the bottom console.

'68 Coupe, Modified 289 w/ Holley blower
'65 Convertible (future 66 Shelby GT350 clone)
427 S/C Cobra Replica <P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1>Edited by Burk on 04/15/01 11:00 PM (server time).</FONT></P>

1 - 8 of 8 Posts