Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I purchased a set of deluxe dash pieces at a swap meet this weekend. I got the piece above the glove box,instrument bezel, center piece,and the passenger lower side piece. The plastic pieces are Ford and have been re chromed and in EXCELLENT condition.
The brushed alum looks to be original and in fantastic condition except for some smudges and a little dirt from people handling them at the swap meet. Plus the swap meet was in a field.
My question is what is the best way to clean the brushed alum. surface? There are no scratches air blemishes on the surface. The Brakes and Wiper letters are in excellent condition, so I don’t want to wipe those off. Is there a good cleaner out there to use that won’t damage the brushed alum. surface? After I clean the them what would be the best product to apply to the surface to protect it in the future. Thank you in advance for all your help.

·
Vendor
4,068 Posts
Try water and a micro-fiber first... If the water isn't enough to emulsify the greasy smudges, good old regular-formula Windex should do the trick, and shouldn't hurt your letters. That said, be real gentle around the letters.

Any decent detail-spray is also safe and effective. You just want to stay away from harsh "degreaser" type cleaners, or solvents.

·
Registered
871 Posts
Try this all purpose cleaner from Chemical Guys. Extremely non aggressive cleaner, and used to be a little difficult to find but lately I have seen it at Walmart.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts