Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need the transmission mounted cooling lines fittings.
CJ's had the 90 degree. But not the other one.
My research looks like it's a male female fitting.
Am I correct? It's straight male/female fitting?
Suggestions for online source. I called NPD. Nothing there.
TY,
guys.

Joe

·
Registered
226 Posts
I don't know what a C$ is but my 69 with a C6 had one straight and one 90* fitting for the cooler lines. They are 1/8 NPS o-ring fittings. They worked fine on the C4 that I converted to. I know people have used regular 1/8 NPT fittings for this (and so have I) with no problems but some say that you can crack the case with the tapered fittings.

I know you can get the 90* NPS o-ring fitting but don't know about the straight fitting. Maybe used ones on Ebay? The original fittings are in the center of the photo. The replacement 90* fitting is on the right. If you want to go to -AN fittings and hose, there is a source for these fittings like the blue one in the photo to use -6AN line.

·
Premium Member
809 Posts
Of course Photosuckit strikes again and I can’t see the pics in previous post. I got new lines from NDP, pulled the old lines out and things aren’t looking right. Looking at the MPC illustration, it appears the 90* fitting should point down and the rearward line comes up at a 90* from below. However, the 90* in the new line looks like it goes straight into the tranny from the side.

The line to the right is what was on there previously. It’s my understanding that is the way they started doing it in 68.

The line I ordered from NPD was for a 67-early 68 C6. Is it possible they are bent wrong? It wouldn’t be the first time the MPC was wrong or I am reading it incorrectly?

I know I can probably find a fitting to take it straight into the side. I could also cut the line reflare it and have it set up the way it previously was. However, I would like to set it up the way the factory did it.

What am I missing? Does anyone have a good pic of the lines going into a C6 on a 67 390?...I think all V8s had the same set up.

Thanks

Bill

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts