Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm resorting parts that have stored for several years for my 67 convertible. I came across a clock in a bag with the dash cluster. I didn't remember having one. Wouldn't be the first time my memory has failed me!! I assume it goes in the middle smaller circle? Could be I picked it up after the fact to add to the car. Anybody had one of these things "quartzed"?

·
Registered
2,724 Posts
The wire is there already, so you can just add these if not orginally there. I have also done the quarts conversion on one that was rusted beyond repair and it keeps better time than my origianal working one. It was eazy to do and I found the instructions to be pretty good.

·
Premium Member
3,305 Posts
I'd like to know the same thing about the quartz conversion since the one in my dash isn't working anymore...

Thanks,
Mike

·
Registered
2,724 Posts
I believe I got it from Paddock or California Mustang.

·
Registered
489 Posts
I did the conversion when I found a decent clock here in the VMF classifieds. I've very happy with it and converting it took about 5 minutes. Actually, watching the instructional video took longer than the whole installation. I got mine from ...."Instrument Services Inc". #800-558-2674.

·
Registered
10,215 Posts
Here's a short story for you. I had my Shelby's clock so-called "Restored" by a fellow out east. Well, 6 months later, it ain't working...again. So I bought a Quartz conversion kit and put it in. Always works, 8 years now. How ever, if you can believe this, a SAAC concours judge busted me for the Quartz clock, how did he know? Well, if you stare at the second hand for about 20 seconds, it has a slightly different movement then the old original clock. How silly is that? I kept the working Quartz clock.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts