Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm planning a C4 to Tremec swap and just received a Hydraulic Clutch Kit. My 1967 has power brakes and I'm trying to determine where the Hydraulic Clutch's Master Cylinder will mount (not much room around the brake booster). The kit indicates to use the existing clutch rod hole in the firewall but I'm uncertain as to which hole that is.

There are three holes in the approximate location of where I would think the rod would go but all of them have either a wiring harness or vacuum line running through them.

Can anyone give me insight as to which one is intended for the clutch rod?

Thanks for any input.

·
Registered
5,156 Posts
On the firewall next to the inner fender (drivers side) on my stick convertible there are four holes: Top(#1) is for the windshield wiper pump tubes (2 tubes, one grommet), The next one (#2) is for the harness, #3 is for vac lines and the bottom one #4 is where the linkage passes through. It is right above the top crease line just above where the steering column passes through.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
4th hole makes sense. On my car that hole is covered with a metal plate that has avacuum line running through the center. I originally didn't think that was it becuase of it's relationship to the hole in the clutch pedal I just purchased.

I'll have to go out to the garage and check again.

Thanks for the info.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts