Vintage Mustang Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
...the trim is 6A... I’ve looked high and low over the years, and have never seen a coupe with this interior (Aside from restores switching over to the deluxe or luxury package). You typically don’t see the overhead console with map lights on those though. I know this was a low production model, but it’s always had me wondering if this is the last deluxe coupe that’s completely original in existence. We’ll see as I begin the restore, but my understanding is everything is still completely original at least... tilt & telescoping wheel.
Very nice car with a lot of desirable options. The Ford name for the deluxe interior is the "interior decor" option. All interior decor equipped coupes and fastbacks received the upper console. There are still a lot of them out there, but obviously not as common as the standard interior. Do you still have the optional lower console - that appears to have been removed. Also I see that the fiberglass seat backs have been removed, but the lower side ones are still in place. The ones in the back got kicked and blown out, so I would guess that it was decided to put the vinyl inserts in. Also FYI the steering column is "tilt-away", but does not "telescope" like some other vehicles. If you don't have a Marti report, pick one up, I think you will appreciate the evidence that it will provide on how unique the car is.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts