Vintage Mustang Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My rear valance panel has never looked quite right and finally investigated. Looks like bolts for bumper guards should go through valance panel and into panel bracket. My bumper guard bolts have speed nuts inside panel but no bolts from bottom of panel to bracket. Panel has always looked like it is not tucked up under enough. Valance panel mounting kit for a 67 only has small screws but bumper guards mounting kit looks like it has bolts and nuts that would solve the problem. Anyone have a 67 coupe that could take a look and advise?

·
Registered
2,398 Posts
I took the bumper guards off ages ago, but this is what it shows in the Osborn Body Manual.
Font Pattern Art Machine Auto part

I just looked at my car and I do see the J nuts (item S) on the brackets so I think it'll be a good sized bolt that goes in there.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Magnus. Yep, that's what I thought. The nuts are still in the brackets but body shop installed smaller nuts inside bottom of panel to hold guards for some reason. Going to order proper bolts hopefully.

·
Premium Member
529 Posts
The valance install kit is only for the valance to body. The bumper guard kit is to install the guards. I used both fwiw. Hope this helps.
Troy
Land vehicle Vehicle Vehicle registration plate Car Grille

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The valance panel bolt kit available are all screws like you show at the top of your panel but you still need the bolts that go to the "L" bracket behind the panel for the bottom. It looks like these are only available in the bumper guards bolt kit. Thanks. Where are you in Florida. I am near Crystal River/Inverness.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts