Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 67 coupe restoration began today...actually earlier as I pulled out the inventory and enameled the floor pans..I bought this car in November at a very fair price and so far the body looks great. Once the paint was removed we found quarter panels that were replaced some time ago. The body shop didnt like the idea of leaving the old body putty in there so were pulling it all out to be replace with an aluminum/lead type replacement. New paint will be 1965 Twilight turquoise:pirate:

Are these GT wheel worth any money?? I plan to sell them and go old school with a set of Cragars.

Attachments

·
Registered
839 Posts
I would say from 15 to 25 ea for just the wheels, maybe a little more with the trim rings and caps. You may even want to consider separating them and selling the caps, the rings, and the wheels separately in sets of four. Now if they had the 'jewels' that would be rare. The jewels are chrome trim for the 12 individual air holes. Personally I would just store them away or mount different tires on them to have a variety to choose from, depending on how you use it or show it in different judging classes.

·
Registered
641 Posts
wheels..

Yes, those wheels are certainly worth something. Just go on to any of the mustang vendor sites or wheel vintiques and see what they are worth.

I just sold 3 sets for $350 each. The repro trim rings are worth @ $40 or so the caps certainly aren't cheap.

Mine were the chrome ones and not the argent. Check on ebay and see what they going for. Actually , imho they look nice on your car ....

John

·
Registered
15 Posts
Good luck with the resto....have fun with it!

I'm trying to end my 68 project this weekend after 10 years of ownership (only about three years of serious rebuilding)......the little details are killing my schedule!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts