Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In the process of disassembling my wife's grandfather's 67 coupe for restoration. We noticed that there is no chrome trim on the quarter panel extensions and deck lid. Did some 67's not come with this trim? Wanting to restore it the way it came off the line, not building a concourse show car though.

·
Registered
330 Posts
The deck lid and quarter panel stainless trim was part of the Exterior Decor Group option in 1967. That option also included the pop open gas cap, wheel opening moldings and the turn signal louvers in the hood. IIRC the Sport Sprint options that were available in the spring of '67 also included the turn signal louvers in the hood.

·
Registered
839 Posts
The deck lid and quarter panel stainless trim was part of the Exterior Decor Group option in 1967. That option also included the pop open gas cap, wheel opening moldings and the turn signal louvers in the hood. IIRC the Sport Sprint options that were available in the spring of '67 also included the turn signal louvers in the hood.
Oh hotdog this means I can add a pop open cap to my 68’ then? I hate how it scuffs down on the bumper. Gotta fuss with rags.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts