Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!
  • May's Ride of the Month contest ended with a tie! Go to this thread to vote on the winner! VOTE HERE
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Car stored/located in Jacksonville, FL. I'm posting this for my brother so bear with me, 67 Coupe a former Sport Sprint I6 auto was converted to 289ci auto five or six years ago.
The good:

-When he did the V8 swap he also converted to five-lug hardware consisting of an 8-inch rear (drums)with 3.00 gearing and a manual disc brake setup in the front. New adjustable brake prop. valve and dual master cylinder. The front disc stuff is off of a 70 Mach 1(I think), spindles were cleaned and painted, everything else was new.

-Front suspension has 620lb with a 1'' drop spring with the lower control arm dropped 1'' also. Most if not all bushings were replaced with the poly-ureathane parts.

-Rear suspension has newer stock leaf-springs with lowering blocks to get the ride height even.

-The car currently has 15x7 TTDs with Dunlop SP8000 (I think) rubber on all corners.

-The engine was rebuilt just before he did the swap, block was bored 0.0040 over while using a stock crank and rods, but not sure on the pistons. Has World Products cast iron heads with dual springs, guideplates with screw in studs, and proform roller-rockers. It has a comp cam in it but I'm not sure on the specs you'd have to ask him. Topping the whole thing off is a edelbrock performer intake and a 650 cfm Double pumper holley and Hooker Headers sending it all out.

-The car has new repro. doors, right fender, hood, trunk lid, rear valance, used headlight buckets (no cracks), and a R-code front fiberglass valance, decent side and rear windows.

The Bad:
-Body work/paint needs to be completed, he started doing some of it but will need to be fixed/finished: needs rear quarter patch, trunk framing under the fuel tank and repairs needed around the rear glass.

-Needs new transmission, still the stock I6 unit and won't go in gear.

-Needs new front windshield.

This was his first car and hates to see it go, but other proprities are dictating otherwise. He was going to turn it into a Jerry Titus clone with the hopes of getting into autocross and vintage racing. Asking $4500. If you need any other details contact him directly. No calls until 5PM no later than 9PM, 904-239-8501 ask for Jeremy.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts