Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
10,276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is my delema. I own a really correct 67 GT 350. The drivers door panel has a hole on the armrest the size of a quarter. The hole has been repaired with black silicone sealer and smoothed out. A decent repair job. I concours show this car often, and of course always gets pointed for this. I have been looking for a perfect original panel for 4 years now. I'm the guy who paid $760 for the pair of panels on **ay 2 months ago. They turned out to be repops. I resold them.
I know that at some shows, the judges will not know a repop part if it fell on them. (Local shows, ISCA, ETC.) How ever, the car is very close to being a thourougbred, (but I drive it) that I am considering buying repoped panels. At SAAC shows I typically get a silver award, being only 8 - 10 points shy of a gold. Here is what I want to know: The repops I bought from **ay were older ones with a grain in the vinyl almost like that of the metal on the door, kinda grainey. Not good enough.
I want to know if the panels from "Dashes Direct" are better, smoother or is there another supplier?
Hole in the panel= 1 point off
repopped panel= 1 point off

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
My gut feeling on the subject is. A new panel looks better than a repaired panels. Mustangs unlimited sells MCA Approved repo delux panels. I'm not an MCA member but i can't see how they can give you a point deduction on an a part approved by them.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts