Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
630 Posts
If it were me I would try www.mustangsunlimited.com for repros, or ebay for originals. I always check the local swap meets too.

·
Registered
10,006 Posts
I think you must mean the aluminun panel, right?
The problem with buying off of Ebay is that, just like a whole car, you have different degrees of honesty out there.
So, I guess I'm saying that finding perfect ones is next to impossible.
I worked very gently over a couple of days to remove the minor dents in mine, then had them re-anodized.

·
Registered
532 Posts
I bought a pair from Burton Antique Auto Parts and will pick them up from the post office today. They came highly recommended. These cost about the same as or maybe a little less than I paid to have originals re-brite-dipped.
www.burtonantiqueautoparts.com

·
Registered
8,476 Posts
I've seen some prototype almuminum panels from Scott Drake and they look very good. I was told the production is supposed to start fairly soon. Not sure how they compare with the Burton product nor do I have a clue about cost.

·
Registered
745 Posts
I've seen some prototype almuminum panels from Scott Drake and they look very good. I was told the production is supposed to start fairly soon.
. . . . . .
. . . ........

I wonder if they plan on releasing them before or after the 66 Rally-Pac. How many years has that been now?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts