Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
are there any repro sheetmetal for the lower inside of these doors being reproduced(or in the works for production) or anyone have advice on how to create the lower corners.Any feedback on the repro.doors would be appreciated ,this is a resto mod project.Thanks

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
No repop parts for that area I'm aware of.

Had to repair the area you described on the Hi-Po driver door. Ended up fashioning several small pieces to cope with the compound curved area, mig welding each to the door individually. It was tedious, effective, and required no filler when I finished. Although the 'grain' of the door can't be duplicated, neither is that area visible when the door is installed.

Have fun.

·
Registered
3,900 Posts
I did the same thing as Charlie. There are repo doors now available but I don't know about the quality or fit. I always prefer original parts when possible.

·
Registered
63 Posts
I guess it depends on what you want to do. You could get a repop door shell and use it to patch your existing door. Or, get a used door in good shape at worst only needing to be re-skinned. I have a similar situation on my 70 Mach. I don't have to worry about the grain however. I am still debating whether or not to use a used door or the repop shell.

Regards

1 - 4 of 4 Posts