Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife's Mother bought this 67 dusk rose coupe new in June of 1967 from Fred Jones Ford in Oklahoma City, OK. They then moved to Jacksonville, FL in 1968 while her Mom was pregnant with her. They brought my wife home from the hospital in this car in Feb, '69. Her parents sold it in 1973 and never saw it again. Fast forward to last Christmas (2006) when they gave me a photo album just knowing I like Mustangs. The album contained original photos of the car, along with the dealer paper tag, window sticker, and other dealer paperwork. The window sticker had most of the VIN on it, so I added in the rest knowing the year, body, and assembly plant codes. Took me several months, but I managed to hunt it down and buy it back for the family! It is now back home to it's original owners after all those years and its been a very emotional experience for all those involved. Here is a photo of her Mom with her first new car. Thank goodness no one ever changed the color. From what history I have, it never had a male owner, hence no color change was made. Note in the photo..taken at a lake in Oklahoma during the week after purchase...the paper dealer tag (same tag they gave me) in the rear window.

Attachments

·
Registered
479 Posts
So what's it look like now? You should post a 'today' picture of it.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Already posted one in this same forum catagory ;)

·
Banned
1,297 Posts
How did you find it i am going crazy trying to find my grandmothers 1970 Thunderbird...

Also i think you are selling another '67 on e-bay right....

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes..we just sold the other 67 I was restoring to copy her Mom's car, but now don't need to finish with the original in hand. I'm wanting to find a 71 or 72 "R" code Mustang for my own project this coming year.

I just used the VIN number and did records searches using forms on the state website for possible owners back 10 years. That led me to the last Florida owner, who in turn helped me find the current owner who was in Maine. Managed to strike a deal long distance and had the car shipped.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
If you have the VIN number...thats the place to start the search. If you have any old insurance paperwork on the car, or title/registration papers that might provide you that number, then start with that to contact the state of it's last registration known to track down owners.

It is possible!

·
Banned
1,297 Posts
Yeah I have the vin but who do I call???

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
..start with getting the correct forms from the state Division of Motor Vehicles to request title history on the car. Usually costs $10-20 for that service. That will give you current and former owners to contact via phone or letters.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts