Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
638 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Getting prepared to purchase my exhaust for my 67 K code Fastback and wanted to see what some of you out there think about possibilities. After hearing the sound of the early Arvinode exhaust, I am seriously considering that set-up with Tri-Y's. Does anyone out there know if there would be any issue with mounting that exhaust on my 67? I don't think so, but figured that someone out there may have the Arvinode and chime in on their thoughts.

Thanks in advance,

Chris

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
the companys web site says it will mount to a 67 i would call them up and ask them. i plan on puting it on my 67 if it will fit.

·
Registered
35,892 Posts
I can't think of a single reason it wouldn't fit on any 65-73 Mustang. There is even a stock-like 71-73 302 H-pipe available that would work with it, even though Ford never offered a 71-73 302 H-pipe.

·
Registered
2,658 Posts
Thats a great choice. I don't see why it wouldn't work on your 67.

·
Registered
10,006 Posts
Headers always require custom pipe bending between the kit you buy, and the collectors. Best get some estimates from a custom exhaust place for this. AND, I would not take it in anywhere where "the custom guy" is only into Chevys. Ask questions as to who, how long, how many they have done.

·
Registered
35,892 Posts
Headers always require custom pipe bending between the kit you buy, and the collectors.
Not always true, depends on other choices. This is a Motive repro 66 K code system, using the stock H-pipe, which was cut off, and with a little heating of the RH pipe, mated to OEM Tri-Y's.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts