Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1967 fastback originally a C code highly modified drag race car some long time ago.
Now has rack and pinion steering import strut front suspension (maybe 72 mercury Capri?) custom motor mount with disc brakes and 4 lug wheels reinforced front sub-frame, relocated shock towers. Wide enough for BOSS 429, 427 SOHC, 427 side oiler, 428 cobra jet, 429 cobra jet, BOSS 351 and certainly enough room for boss 302 hi po 289 and many others. The transmission tunnel has also been fabricated maybe to move back or have some non stock trans installed. The car has a 9 inch rear end (non mustang) gear ratio, posi, ect unknown. Ladder bars (traction bars) are welded to the rear and mounted in a fabricated box in the rear foot box area. The back part of the rear frame rails should be replaced due to rust. This car would be a good candidate for a rear frame and tubs. Rear quarters have been fabricated to accommodate large tires. All done with metal base and body putty is a quarter of an inch or more in many locations. The hood has a fabricated metal hood scoop with cracking body filler. Not sure if the hood can be saved but it came with it so it goes with it. This car has sat for a long time and would require total restoration for either race or street use.
Many of the important fastback parts are still there. Both door glass, rear window, interior quarter panels, fold down seat,
The car rolls and steers brake system is incomplete. I have NO TITLE and will be sold as parts. “As is where is” The serial number is still on the drivers side apron and matches the door tag. I may be interested in transporting within 500 miles or so from Denver at an additional cost.
I would like to sell it for $2,500 so first guy interested gets a good deal. I think it would possibly bring more on the auction site please email for pictures or additional information [email protected]
Let me know what you think. I will be happy to answer questions you may have.
Thanks, Carl

·
Registered
366 Posts
1 - 4 of 4 Posts