Vintage Mustang Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
815 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I cant figure out how the headliner is finished at the back window opening. Is it glued to the window lip or does it end at the tack strip? Is the tack strip needed? My glass is out.
I cant seem to find this in any of my books and previous posts don't cover this. Thanks

·
Registered
406 Posts
The headliner for a fastback does not go to the back window. It ends on the tack strip and there are 2(maybe 3?) low tension springs that attach to the back of the headliner and pull it backward.

Regards,

·
Registered
1,869 Posts
Well, which is it? I'm almost there to. ::

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
The headliner wraps around the back lip of the window opening like a coupe. I ran into a problem recently with a TMI headliner - it was cut short and wouldn't wrap around the opening. The Distinctive headliner fit perfectly, and looks great. Make sure you get the right one.

Dave

·
Registered
815 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Looking at the assembly manual the headliner doesnt reach the back window... but it is a poor illustration. Mine has a spring/wire attached to the rear bow. Even if that were the correct way to install, I can't seem to find a repro tack strip, that is probably why everyone just wraps it around the window lip.... whatever works!
I'm just going to wrap it. Thanks all.

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
I'm with Pete on this one. The fastback (67/68) does not go all the way to the window molding.

·
Administrator
19,546 Posts
I wrapped it on my fastback, but then it's modified. ::

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.