Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
280 Posts
It really depends, anywhere from 5,000 to crazy high prices. I'll be willing to take it off your hands too if you would like. ::

K

·
0 Posts
You definately need to provide more information for us to make a WAG. Anf that's allit would be a WAG.
Pics woould help.

·
Registered
595 Posts
A really good question. What someone will pay for it, I guess! So much has to do with eye appeal. If you hook a poential buyer on the way the car looks, you've got a good chance for a sale. example: 2 f/bs sitting side by side. One is Passion Purple and Olive Green two-tone. The other is red,or blue, or black, or white, you get the picture!! Which one has more eye appeal? See what I mean?
If the potential buyer is turned off at first glance, you've lost the sale already.
Then options enter the picture---If he's a racer, or a serious collector, the big engine is a must. If he wants a cruiser, then comfort and convenience trump super hot acceleration. And we can go on from there!
Mine is a 67 C code w/ a C4, 4100 autolite and a 2.47 open 9" rear, with a 3.25 posi in a milkcrate in the trunk. Definitely a cruiser, not a bruiser!!! Color is black/black , w/ upper and lower consoles, deluxe comfortweave upholstery and a new Vintage Air in dash A/C. Everything works right, and there's NO rust, NONE anywhere, top, bottom, front or back. Plain aftermarket dual magnaflow exhaust system finishes the car. It's a daily driver but has no rattles anywhere. The weak spots are the scuffs and dirt on the rugs, the slight roughness on the lower console chrome from wear and tear, and the dirt on the underside.
The last thing is what YOU think it's worth!
I'm not looking to sell, but I feel the car is worth 25K at least. I may be wrong, but I simply wouldn't let it go for less.
So, You pose an interesting question, but not a simple one.
Jay67fast

1 - 6 of 6 Posts