Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am working on my 67 FB (FINALLY, again!). Questions: 1. What is the best way to clean the old windshield sealer from the chrome windshield trim (on the inside of the trim) before reinstalling the trim? 2. I would like to install the power window kits in the doors: I called Dallas Mustang and they no longer sell them due to quality issues. Has anyone installed them and what problems have you had (quality, fit, operation, etc)? 3. If I don't use the power window kit and use regulators/cranks, are the repro regulators good quality? I have heard they are thinner than original and are flimsy and bend easily - comments? 4. Can anyone recommend an insulation for the inside of the roof under the headliner?

Thanks for your help,

Jerry [email protected]

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
I can olny help with the cleaning of old windshield sealer.......try soaking it in varsol/mineral spirits. Use a rag soaked in it or emmerse the whole part.

·
Registered
6,838 Posts
I put a repo regulator in a fasthack I had. It looked a little bit lighter, but not too much. Once in the window went up and down easily with no problems. I don't know how long it would last but it seemed fine. Sure beats trying to hunt down a nice original.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts