Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If I was to cut out and install a new 1 piece floor pan on a 67 Fastback would I need to brace
Anything or could I jack stand the front suspension and rear axle and start drilling spot welds?..........Never did it before.
I have cut off and reinstalled rear quarters and tail light panels on 63-67 vettes.
Which I know is different but I have a buddy helping me who is a welder
Thanks
Dave

·
Registered
362 Posts
If your car is completely assembled with the windshield in, your problem may be getting a 1 piece in the car. I have always found it better to cut the floor out as close to the perimeter as you can then remove the remnants left around the edges, torque box and floor supports. It is always a good idea to support the car in several places to prevent it from sagging when cutting out panels but there is not a good way to brace the car inside where it would need to be without being in the way of replacing the 1 piece floor pan.

If your torque box, frame rails and rockers are sound you won't have to weld any braces inside.

·
Premium Member
2,365 Posts
The floor pan will not fit through the windshield. It will fit through the door but you've gotta pull the door off.

·
Registered
866 Posts
The floor pan will not fit through the windshield. It will fit through the door but you've gotta pull the door off.
If your car is stripped down and the glass is removed from the windshield area, a one piece floor pan will fit through the windshield opening. This was the easiest way for me to install the pan working by myself.

Attachments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts