Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to buy a good solid front clip for a 67 Mustang coupe. I need to replace both frame rails, all 4 inner fender aprons and radiator support on my car. A guy told me I should try to find a donor car. I live in central Illinois.

·
Just some guy
20,018 Posts
I bought a small MIG welder and replaced the right frame rail, two inner fenders, my radiator support and a few other pieces. Turned out to be not terribly difficult. All the pieces weren't all that expensive and were readily available. I feel like if I can do it then most people probably can too. Most "donor" cars are either not out there or are being rebuilt these days.
I am also "a guy". :whistle:

·
Registered
416 Posts
Each apron/frame piece is about $500 ea. Radiator support is roughly another $100. You might be able to get a donor car but what condition will those parts be in?

·
Premium Member
6,710 Posts
Are you near a Fastenal store. They have competitive rates.

I have a friend who has several dead Mustangs who could cut off a front clip and put it on a pallet and drop it off.

I am in Texas.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes, I have Fastenal stores about 30 miles from me. Anyway I could contact your friend and maybe get some pictures and talk to him? So he can ship to a Fastenal store?

Thank you!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts