21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Nicely done ! Looks good for sure.

·
Registered
506 Posts
I am leaning towards the electric pick up speedo. I have a convertible and don’t know where I would put the gps rx.
Since my interior was apart, I mounted the GPS antenna for the speedo on the package shelf, centered in the rear window. No matter where you put it, it's not very noticeable...it's maybe an inch square, and a half-inch thick. It also has a magnetic base so will easily "stick" where you want it.

·
Registered
1,650 Posts
Discussion Starter #24 (Edited)
had another idea, that would allow the use of an existing 67 oil pressure gauge with a modified mount and face plate to fit in the center clock hole.
I don’t think it looks as good as adding a stock 68 gauge, but those are not easy to find, or cheap.
if this works out, it would allow the addition of a 4.5” tack without having to source a new oil gauge. (Or gas gauge for you 68 guys)

51A81123-DE8E-4C28-9191-739BD0B2E56B.jpeg

·
Registered
1,650 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
did a little work on the face plate today. I will print this in black once I sort out the spacing.

Reactions: QuietChris

·
Registered
1967 fastback Mustang 289 to hipo specs with fitech, 4r70w auto, Shelby drop.
21 Posts
So what's the address I should send my 67 gauges to? Would love to have it setup just like you do, and keep the factory speedometer. :cool:

·
Registered
1,650 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Another update..

I finally made my trip down to NPD in Ocala and got the 67 deluxe, stainless bezel to get started on the transformation I had planned.

I got a little impatient and wanted To see what the new cluster would look like with the gauges installed.

and just because I like tinkering.. Here is what it looks like using my adapted parts to fit the original stock 67 oil pressure gauge mounted in the center, clock hole.
*I still havn‘t put the effort into making an overlay with the “oil pressure” text, But I have proof of concept, and actually think it looks pretty decent.

Reactions: GC68Coupe
21 - 28 of 28 Posts