Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!
  • May's Ride of the Month contest ended with a tie! Go to this thread to vote on the winner! VOTE HERE
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've found some places that 65-68 are all the same and other places that say only 67-68 is the same. I'm only worried because the one I ordered was for 65-68 and if they were in fact different, I'm scared that I might be getting a 65-66. Anyone know?

·
Registered
4,165 Posts
Hey--I posted in the shout box that I think I have a decent one out in the machine shed if you don't find one.

·
Premium Member
7,546 Posts
Automatic: If you have a console, the automatic shift lever for a 67 68 has a little tab to engage the needle to show what gear you are in. The 65 66 doesn't need this as the lever lines up to the indicated gear, no needle involved.

For Stick Shift: 68 4 Speed only has a different reverse lock out mechanism, round instead of a lever.

·
Registered
3,245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Unfortunately napaguy, NPD doesn't sell it anymore. I tried to order it today and they said they can't get it anymore. I ended up getting lucky, Rod(flysure2) had a used one in good condition that I could buy off him and he only lives 45 minutes away. Thanks Rod!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts