Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!
  • May's Ride of the Month contest ended with a tie! Go to this thread to vote on the winner! VOTE HERE
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to freshen up the paint around the grille area that is the gray color. I want to know what kind of paint if any I can use. Also would I need to da any special prep work. I plan to remove it from the car. I hope I can do it with an aerosol can. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Joe

·
Registered
2,050 Posts
I just repainted my corral for the grill that is the same color, it's called ARGENT. You can order it through a Ford dealer for ~$17 (PM-19K207-AA) or VHT ~$9 makes it also (SP-188 Ford Argent Silver) as a wheel paint. I plan to do my surround next as you are doing.
I masked off (blue painters tape) the 'chrome' edging and roughed up/smoothed off bumps of the surface to be painted and sprayed away, 2 light coats, hanging from a wire, came out nice.
HTH Jon

·
Registered
561 Posts
Laquer thinner will take the original argent paint off very easily. It will take the grille surround down to the chrome underneath and give you a nice clean surface for your repaint.

·
Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks all I will look for the paint this weekend.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts