Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7,762 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is the piece that screws into the headlight switch to hold the bezel and switch in place available in reproduction? I know the bezel is but I am talking about the piece you screw into the switch.

Thanks!

·
Registered
3,245 Posts
http://www.mustangsplus.com/xcart/product.php?productid=1671&cat=2235&page=1

There's a special tool to put those in that's sold by just about every Mustang parts place(I know NPD has it). I'm guessing everyone on here has figured out another tool to use though. I've used needle-nose vise-grips and it's worked alright, but you chance scratching your dash is the pliers come off the bezel.

·
Registered
294 Posts
Actually Midlife, its a new part in the '08 NPD catalogue.

Headlight Switch Bezel Nut - 67-68 Repro Chrome Part# 11650-2A $14.95

·
Registered
3,245 Posts
Did I miss something? Was it not the piece in the link I posted?

·
Registered
7,762 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Acooljt said:
Did I miss something? Was it not the piece in the link I posted?
Your post was to the ignition bezel. Which I also need.

And as was pointed out it is now in the 2008 NPD catalog which I read while the VMF was down.

Thanks guys!

·
Registered
3,245 Posts
OK, I looked it up in NPD, but I don't remember ever seeing this part when tearing down my car. Where exactly does this go? I'm confuzled.

·
Registered
3,245 Posts
Bumpity-bump. For the love of all that is good and decent, would you guys help? :p

·
Registered
4,971 Posts
Untwist your panties son, it fits within the bezel and screws onto the headlight switch to hold it tight up against the dash. The shaft of the switch goes right through the center of it.

Dave

·
Registered
294 Posts
Now Dave, I was getting ready to post about this. I hit the back button to get his name again and you step right in front. ;) But of course you're way of telling it is probably than mine would have been.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts