Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK guys. The hood on my 67 is the turn signal one but it doesn't have the holes for the Ford letters at the front edge. All other 67 hoods that I have seen have the Ford letters at the front edge. My hood is not a repro but it is not the hood originally on the car. Where have my Ford holes gone?

Tim Russell
Sale, Victoria, Australia

67 Convertible

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
The other possibility is that it is a Ford over the counter replacement hood, and they did not have the holes either.

65 Hi-Po F/B
67 GTA F/B (small block)
MCA 27479

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
I have the same problem on my '67 convertible - I think mine was a new replacement hood, because the double layer metal has holes cut out on the back leaving a place to get to the barrel nuts so you can mount the letters.

Beri Fraley
Strong, Proud, and Ugly.

·
Premium Member
5,104 Posts
I bought a hood off a 67 from a junk yard. I do not know if it was the original hood. It did not have the holes either. I used the old hood to make a template and drilled holes in my new hood.

http://albums.photopoint.com/j/View?u=1575962&a=11982331&p=43165927.jpg
67 Sprots Sprint, Convert. Original C code, now 293 ci with Holley 450 and 295,000 miles

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks guys.

Tim Russell
Sale, Victoria, Australia

67 Convertible

·
Registered
3,628 Posts
my '68 coupe has them. in the old forum Laurie S had a summary of '67 '68 hoods with lights turn sig etc - you might try a search. also '68 Californis Specials did not have letters i believe

1 - 8 of 8 Posts