Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i'm in process of converting my original stock instrument gauges with Speedhut units and plan on utilizing the stock style block connector if possible to help make connection easier and quick.
does anyone know where and what kink of block connector is the stock replacement/Fomoco unit?
thanks

·
Registered
5,737 Posts
i'm in process of converting my original stock instrument gauges with Speedhut units and plan on utilizing the stock style block connector if possible to help make connection easier and quick.
does anyone know where and what kink of block connector is the stock replacement/Fomoco unit?
thanks
davis,
This adapter has the same 12 position connector as is on your IC harness although it appears to only have 9 contacts:
Classic Instruments Mustang Wiring Harness Adapter 1967

Paul

·
Registered
4,862 Posts
Midlife has most connectors for the harnesses.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
midlife website is down.
not sure if spending $40 for the Classic Instruments adapter will really work if i'm crimping female spade connectors to it. I did download their wire diagram though. i may just opt to purchase a pin removal tool and reuse the original block and get new connectors and crimper.

·
Registered
5,737 Posts
midlife website is down.
not sure if spending $40 for the Classic Instruments adapter will really work if i'm crimping female spade connectors to it. I did download their wire diagram though. i may just opt to purchase a pin removal tool and reuse the original block and get new connectors and crimper.
Maybe Ive misunderstood what you need. Do you need the IC connector (pins) or underdash harness connector (sockets)?

Paul

·
Registered
5,737 Posts
Google "Moldex"
Actually,
Google Molex.

They may have the correct pin/socket contacts but not the exact plastic housings.

Paul

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yeah, "moldex" had quite the search results.
molex mfring has soooo much. like a needle in haystack.
which makes me wonder where Classic instruments gets their supply if they're connecting to the original block connector.
i'll keep digging and maybe find a ford unit on epay for a couple bucks.

i havent removed my cluster yet. i want to get all the wiring on new bezel and gauges figured out first.
i have a lot of stuff to do with pressure, temp gauge and speedo.
not to mention, heater box removal for heater core replacment.
perfect timing for that to go.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts