Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 67 convertible that is lime green with the two tone ivy gold/green interior. The dash pad, steering wheel, etc. is black, and I think they are original. I know that ivy gold steering wheels and dash pads were made in 67...what color combination car would have had these? Would those colors be considered "correct" for my car? I actually like the interior colors, but was thinking of changing the exterior to the darker green (moss green?). Does anyone have a picture of a vert with this combination? Thanks.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
on that color interior, the dashpad would be a very dark green, not black and the steering wheel would be light ivy gold.

i have a friend with a 67 GTA convertible that is dark moss green with 2-tone ivy gold deluxe interior... he lurks this forum so maybe he will post a picture if he has one handy.

Charles Turner
MCA Gold Card Judge(64.5-65, 66)
'65 Fastback
'00 GT Conv, triple black

Check out my 65 [color:blue]fastback!</font color=blue>

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The dash pad may be very dark green, and just very old or dirty. But the steering wheel is most definitely black. So, it is not original?

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Nope, not original.

"When you hear pounding hoofbeats, think horses, not zebras." - Dr. Harold Slavkin, Dean USCSD

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Actually, that's good. I didn't like the black, and it was cracked anyway. Like I needed another reason to replace it! :) Another question...what would be the correct top color? Black or white or either?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts