Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 87 Posts

·
Registered
537 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello i have a question about a 67 mustang fastback i was told about the other day. i was buying parts off this kid two hours from me. he asked if i like older mustangs because a friend of his had a old one just sitting under a tarp. i said yes and he called his buddy and we went two blocks over to see it. i looked under the hood and the stamp vin had a k in the vin. the kid then said to me as i was looking at it that yes it was a k code. engine was gone but the interior was all redone and he had everything, the 4spd trans was in good shape, and the 9inche rear was still in the car. body was so, so. i have seen worse. i wrote down the vin and bought a marti report about the car. i told the kid i wanted to buy it, i just had to do a little research to make sure it was a real k code. i forgot to look at the door tag, he says he has a title for the car. he is asking for 4500 for the car, i just want to me sure i am not forgetting something something else to make sure it is a k code car and not one someone cut fire walls and welded on this car and used that title on this body, anything else i should look for to make sure it is the car that is the k code

·
Registered
35,830 Posts
he is asking for 4500 for the car, i just want to me sure i am not forgetting something something else to make sure it is a k code car and not one someone cut fire walls and welded on this car and used that title on this body, anything else i should look for to make sure it is the car that is the k code
A legit K code engine is worth that much, with no car attached to it. Only 489 K code Mustangs were produced in 1967.

·
(actually Slim Jr now)
24,597 Posts
This seems to be car with no engine attached!

·
Registered
2,881 Posts
I don't know a lot about value of the "special" coded cars... but that seems like a good price for a K code, even without the engine. Even if it's not, 4500 for a decent body, just needing an engine isn't bad.

·
Registered
638 Posts
Snakebite, if you can gets pics of the car, engine compartment and vin markings, I can help you to narrow down whether it is indeed an original K code. Either pm me or email me direct at [email protected] and I can clue you in for what to look for and provide pictures to compare it to.

Chris
757-647-1567

·
Registered
35,830 Posts
Extremely. The K code engine can be replicated from pieces.

·
Registered
638 Posts
Definitely. I paid substantially more for mine in boxes and it needed lots of parts to complete. Don't hesitate or you may lose out.

·
Registered
537 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i will get pics up in a little bit. not very good since it was at night. rust that is on the body is just surface rust. i would sand blast the body if i do restore it. he is giving me a motor that was in the car a 302 that is all together, and two other bare blocks, one is a 302 and the other i think is a 289.

·
Registered
698 Posts
Any early fastback, even without an engine, in restorable condition is worth $4500. A true K code is worth much more than $4500 even without the engine IMO.

·
Premium Member
10,938 Posts
even if it was originally a sicks(6) cylinder its worth it if the body is solid,complete, no rust.

·
Registered
35,830 Posts
No sandblasting. I've seen cars destroyed by sandblasting. Even media blast requires some skill. And even then, certain spots, such as the VIN, should be covered with duct tape.

·
Registered
196 Posts
K code

well if the vin on the fender apron, and the vin in the title, and the vin on the door tag have a "K" as the code, then its a K code.

That is CHEAP, you better buy it!

Just my advice, these cars are going up, all of them, especially 67-68's.

·
Registered
537 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
yea it looks like its a k code. i called the kid and told the kid i will take the car. cant let this car go bye..

·
Registered
638 Posts
Send them to me at my email address [email protected] and I will post them for ya. Plus I would love to see it. It's nice to find a sibling for mine, lol.

1 - 20 of 87 Posts