Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4,969 Posts
I replaced my 67 drivers side hinges about a year ago and could not find the same style. I do not like the one I have and would like to change back if Ican ever find the right one. I would take your time and find the right one.

http://home.mindspring.com/~thedaughertys/_uimages/M1.jpg
Now 293 ci (.030" bore) with Holley 450 and 295,000 miles
MCA #49294

·
Registered
16,014 Posts
I think this was another example of early 67 vs. late 67 changeovers. On my car (early car) I have the striker plate style (which I hate)... my brother has a late 67 (washer reservoir, two piece steering shaft with rag joint, etc.) and his car had the '68 style lower hinge. I think the later style hinge is a better assembly and is the way to go if you are not concerned about originality.

[email protected]
1967 351W Convertible
2000 Mustang GT

·
Registered
5,634 Posts
Hi, I have a '67 GT conv that has a build date 5/10/68. It has the unique style to '67. It's same design as 66 but the bolt up pattern differs. The '68 style or the "Z" spring as I call them may have started at the very end of '67 run. I know I got some extra '68 styles, I might have one or two of the '67 type. Let me know which side & I'll look. I 've seen only the Paddock with a rebuild kit for these.

George

1 - 4 of 4 Posts