Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'd like to put a dual m/c on in place of the very old single reservoir I have now. Is the '67 a simple bolt on and rebend the lines job, or is there a better candidate? BTW, it's good ol' 4-wheel drum, non-power. Too cheap to go to discs! Thanks.

·
Registered
933 Posts
The 67 master cylinder will bolt right in. Re-use the 65/66 push rod and not the 67 version. You will have to fabricate some new brake lines and purchase some line adapters. I used the existing distribution block for the front brakes and ran a separate line to hook up to the existing rear brake line.

Scott

·
Registered
4,926 Posts
ditto to Scottstang. I posted about a year ago or longer with the size of fittings, bushings for the m/c, including NAPA part numbers. This was on a 67 m/c into a 66.

it's an easy job, although bending the line to go to the dist. block can be a challenge. You will have to plug the dist. block where the intermediate line to the rear brakes connects. Use a coupler to run from the front reservoir of the m/c to this intermediate line.

·
Registered
486 Posts
Yeah, Not to bad of a job to do. You can buy the pre-bent lines for this conversion from CJ Pony Parts. - Matt

·
Registered
933 Posts
I purchased the pre-bent lines from CJ's and was very disappointed. Nothing lined up correctly and I still needed to purchase line adaptors. I ended up forming/flairing my own lines.

Scott

1 - 5 of 5 Posts