Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently saw a small tach made in australia for a 67-68 and fit in the clock hole.anyone know the site or a way to make contact with these guys?

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
they are on ebay the guys ebay name is retrogauge

·
Registered
3,323 Posts
I saw that too... looks cool! Anyone here have any experience with them??

·
Registered
776 Posts
I saw them on E-Bay for $70.00
I have seen them advertised elsewhere for $39.95
Look around for them before you buy, I think they are being made in Australia.

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
i bought one about 10 days ago. I am on vacation but will be able to check it out late next week.

·
Registered
3,323 Posts
Well, yeah it might be small if you have a stick and always need to look at it but if you have an Automatic, you don't need to look at it so much but its nice to have nonethe less... Ill most likley get one

I have heard though that the Cougar tach is identical except for the face.. SO get a reproduced face ( I think the indiglo set has a reproduction) and you are set!

·
Registered
1,579 Posts
I got a cheap one from a auto parts store and used it, worked great and looked better.

That was 35 years ago.

My point is just get the measurement of clock opening and I'll bet you could find one local.

·
Registered
131 Posts
G'day - saw the post.

Yes, I manufacture the RetroGauge Mini-Tach here in Australia. The Min-Tach is an offshoot from my mainstream business which is the supply of OEM components to the automotive and marine industries here in Australia including instrumentation. I designed the mini-tach from existing components to resolve the problem of a tachless dash in my '68 fastback.
I actually posted on some info on the forum back in September '04 and had quite a response. The link to the old post is here
There's also some pics of my first hand made prototype here . There were a few man hours in getting it to this point, I can tell you!
I made a decision to go ahead with it in March 05 but as it was a low priority, I din't get the first short production run on the market until December. I decided to go with eBay primarily because my market is the USA. Since the first week of December I've sent over 50 tachs outside of Australia, however I have had a lot of enquiries and am still fielding them this morning, including some from classic Mustang parts distributors in the USA.

I'm not sure where it will go from here but I have a lot of leads to follow up at this time and will post back here at a later date. I will be relisting the auction again on boxing day.

If you have any questions or require any further info on the mini-tach please dont hestitae to pm me or contact me via email at [email protected]

Merry Christmas to you all!

Cheers, Mike Brand

1 - 9 of 9 Posts