Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi, I just purchased a 1967 Mustang convertible. 289 2v . the fender emblems are: the mustang name and a 289 pony. The car has gt gas cap, foglights. did the gt have a special fender emblem saying gt? previous owner said it is a gt. Thanks Dean ???

Attachments

·
Registered
942 Posts
The '67 GT had a "GT" emblem on the fender, its most likely that a po added the fog lights and gas cap, you might want to run a Marti Report to see exactly how your car came from the factory though.

·
Registered
35,830 Posts
This is a 67 GT. BTW, your car has 68 wheels. In 67, GT Mustangs were marked "GT" in the side stripe, and if they had an automatic trans, "GTA"

·
Registered
3,443 Posts
Looks to me, those are GTA emblems on those fenders.

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
You don't have location filled out in your BIO, but if this was an eastcoast car and it still had it's "Buck Tag" attached to fender apron near LH hood hinge, if GT it would have "PIO" on the tag.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Looks to me, those are GTA emblems on those fenders.
Which car are you referring too? The white sample picture, or the OP's car? If you are referring to the OP's car, no they aren't, those are just the plain Mustang tri-bar emblems. If you are talking about that very pretty white GTA, than yes they are.

·
Registered
410 Posts
I have always liked the 68' GT wheels, but i get a kick out of how many people have them on 67' cars. If those are the original fenders, than it's not a GT, since the GT's did not have any emblems there except the GT emblem on the bottom in the stripe. I am restoring a standard 67' coupe currently, and i'm filling the original "Mustang" and running horse emblem holes that are in the fenders, and adding the GT emblem and stripe below to build a clone.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts