Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,443 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for somebody that knows the folddown system like the back of their hand, to be exact the "flat", stationary part, and the mounting, Ive got one, but there isnt enought there to even get a start.
Thanks.

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
Ive got one, but there isnt enought there to even get a start.
Thanks.
Isn't enough what? Can you be more specific.

·
Registered
3,443 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I "think", the screws on the "floor", closest to the trap door hold those chrome pcs down, the other two screws, that go all the through the "floor" go in to two copper colored "spring" clips, those clips slide into two brackets welded onto the chassy.
Now for the front edge, there are two holes in the underside of the floor, and they look like they should be mounting to the hinge plates of the (moving)fold down part.
Man this is tough!
Bottom line? my "floor", or flat pc just slides (and bounces) around back there.

·
Registered
Current cars include 1969 Mach 1 and 1970 Cougar XR7 convertible
8,575 Posts
On mine the two screws that are toward the front of the car fit through holes in the carpet and screw into the floor brackets below the panel. On the rattle issue a thin piece of adhesive backed foam tape is enough to act as a gasket keeping the metal parts from touching and rattling.

·
Registered
3,443 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks Kevin,
O.K. then, I dont see where(on mine) the front two screws go through the carpet, (into the metal brackets) Thinken I need to poke holes?
I also need one "metal flap", and a complete set of screws, can you help me out ?
Thanks.

·
Registered
3,443 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Tell me more about the "tape"!, how much, what direction thickness, etc...
Thanks!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts