Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
4,577 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The new windshield I was suppose to pick up in Pismo a couple of weekends a go was a no go. The guy showed up with it as promised, but there was all kinds of pits in the glass, (like splatters). took some steelwool to it and tried to get them to come off, but they wouldn't. He couldn't figure out what it was either as he hadn't noticed it before. After talking with him some more, found out he had been doing some welding next to it. /forums/images/icons/shocked.gif Needless to say, I passed!

I found a glass company that will ship a brand new tinted windshield to me for $180 bucks total. Is this a good deal?

Thanks

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
SOUNDS LIKE a fair price to me . id take it at that price

·
Registered
2,476 Posts
I'd easily pay $180 for the glare-free joy of a new windshield, but I don't know if it's truly a 'good deal' or not /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif.

BTW, I've been wondering for a while now . . . what are you holding in your hands in your avatar picture, and does your VMF handle 'Whizco' have anything to do with it??? /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif

Just kidding, of course . . . sorry, just had to ask /forums/images/icons/crazy.gif!

Rick

G

·
0 Posts
I too would be interested in where you found a new tinted windshield here in California for $180. Am I crazy to hope that it might be a Carlite as well?

Let me know since I need a new one for my 66.

·
Administrator
19,322 Posts
You can find cheaper windshields, but shipping would likely kill the deal. $180 is not bad at all. The best deal I've found is $130. That's dealer price and you have to "know" somebody.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts