Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am finally getting off my butt and restoring a 67 Coupe that has been sleeping in the garage for way too long.

I am learning (I'm a Chevy guy, so bear with me), that 67 was a year for change for the Mustang. Decoding my vin I learned that mine was built 4/3/1967. Does that mean it's a late 67?

I plan on posting photos soon. So far the front end is off and media blasted, along with the doors and deck lid. The interior and glass is out(found the build sheet!!). So far the car is rust free .

Brian

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
fairly late for a 67. august is when the switch to the new year.

·
Registered
446 Posts
I am restoring my GTA and I am a little further than you and I should be done in July. If there is anything I can help you with, send me a private message. You will get all the info you need on this site. I suggest you start researching the things that you are about to do and then make a file of all the "how to's"

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/1/web/2233000-2233999/2233090_1.jpg

Thanks for the replies. I've ordered all the manuals from Osborn reproductions. I figured that would provide some good guidance. I believe it is going to take me a couple of years to get it done. I should have some pictures of it's current status soon.

·
Registered
1,839 Posts
Good luck with the Osborn manuals. I have one that I purchased not long ago and the print quality is very poor. Very hard to make out some of the images and numbers even with a magnifying glass.

I called them and left a message and never heard back.

·
Registered
3,038 Posts
If you got the Osborn wiring manual, throw it away and get oen of these. (Personally, I would never trust a manual written by Ozzy Osborn :rofl:)

Are you restoring to stock or modifying? Lots of good info for both here at VMF. Don't hesitate to ask, just ignore the stupid answers when you get them!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts