Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!
  • May's Ride of the Month contest ended with a tie! Go to this thread to vote on the winner! VOTE HERE
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Where does the caution fan decal go. I have just added a radiator shroud. And what color black should the grille be as I want to freshen that up too.

·
Registered
654 Posts
Somebody correct me if I'm wrong but I think it's supposed to go on top of the fan shroud oriented to be read as you face the front of the engine compartment. By the way, GREAT looking car!

·
Registered
765 Posts
According to the concour guys, there should not be such decal on a -67.
Your grille should be what some call gun metal blue. Do a search on the subject and more will come up.

Paul

·
Premium Member
5,462 Posts
The caution fan stickers started in 1968. However, I think it's a nice touch. I have one on my 67. The grill color is a question better asked on the concourse fourum. I painted mine with Krylon 1613, then over sprayed a light coat of power steering teal blue to get a close match to the original.
Dave

·
Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks, I am also doing a repaint of the dull aluminum which is working out pretty well.

·
Administrator
19,526 Posts
There is no Caution Fan decal on 67s or 68s, and it's incorrect to have it on there. The decals were put on by dealers starting in 68, if a car came in for warranty or recall work. It was a Ford liability issue and the decals weren't put on at the factory.

·
Registered
561 Posts
The '66 grille blue color sold in spray bombs is a very close match. Lots of people on this forum could tell the difference, but non-Mustangers could not. I dusted my '67 grille with the '66 color and I can only see the difference in the two shades in the brightest of light.

Black is incorrect for '67 grille.

·
Registered
6,092 Posts
The '66 grille blue color sold in spray bombs is a very close match.
Correct me if I'm wrong but I think you ment '65 grille not '66. The '66 I believe is black, but '65 is very close to '67. Some mustang vendors list the '65 grille paint.
Lucky for me several years ago I found a true NOS '67 grille in the gun metal blueish color.

·
Registered
561 Posts
You may be right. '65 or '66, whichever is blue--that color is repro'd in a spray bomb and that's what I used. It's very close to the '67 color.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts