Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!
  • May's Ride of the Month contest ended with a tie! Go to this thread to vote on the winner! VOTE HERE
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking at a possible deal on a 67 GTA S-code fastback.

1. The original trim tag is on the door (VIN matches). The trim tag specifies standard interior. Was there a choice between standard and deluxe interior on the 67 GTs?

2. Are there any specifics that differentiate a GT from a non-GT (other than the obvious: emblems, stripes, heavy-duty springs)

3. Where are the numbers located on an FE motor? I'd like to determine if it is numbers matching.

Thanks,

Chris

·
Registered
7,762 Posts
67hotrodder said:
I am looking at a possible deal on a 67 GTA S-code fastback.

1. The original trim tag is on the door (VIN matches). The trim tag specifies standard interior. Was there a choice between standard and deluxe interior on the 67 GTs?

2. Are there any specifics that differentiate a GT from a non-GT (other than the obvious: emblems, stripes, heavy-duty springs)

3. Where are the numbers located on an FE motor? I'd like to determine if it is numbers matching.

Thanks,

Chris
Get a Marti report it will tell you what the car should have had but 63B is Deluxe Interior Fastback.

1) Yes it was an option

2) See this http://www.scodemustang.com/s_options.php

GT Equipment Group
-Grille Foglight Assembly (1967 and 1968)
-Power Front Disc Brakes (std in 67 and 69; req'd add'l option in 68)
-Side Tape Stripe (1967 standard; 1968 upon request)
-C-Stripe (1968)
-GT Badging on the Fenders (GTA for automatics 1967 only) (Not 1969)
-Chrome Quad Exhaust Tips
-GT Emblem on Gas Cap (not pop-open in 1967; see Exterior Decor Group)
-Special Handling Package (HD springs/shocks, 7/8-inch front sway bar, power front disc brakes, 16:1 steering gear)
-Styled Steel Wheels (option in 1967, standard in 1968/69 GT's)
-Chrome Engine Components (1968 Big Blocks Only; see note 1)
-Hood Scoop (1969)
-Pin Type Hood Latches (1969)

3) No matching numbers just casting dates and date codes in the same period as the build date.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks, guys. The body code is 63A, which indicates standard interior. I just couldn't remember if the GTs all had deluxe interior or not. I must be suffering CRS. I appreciate the help!

·
Registered
1967 Mustang GT fastback
4,019 Posts
My 67 GT came through from Ford with the standard interior. Interior Decor option, with the aluminum dash panels, etc., was an option separate from GT package.

+1 on the date coding. Only 289 hipos I think were VIN stamped in 65 -66, not even sure they were for 67. All you check for is parts (blocks, tranny's, etc.) that are date coded prior to your actual build date.

Sounds like a nice ride you're looking at!

·
Registered
6,807 Posts
I would expect and have found many of the four speed trans with the VIN.

·
Registered
800 Posts
Like said,my 67 K code GT,has a plain interior ,with deluxe seat belts!and Am 8 track radio,with door grills!
Greg

·
Registered
698 Posts
I was just cleaning my trans today, and found no VIN. Where would it typically be located?

Edit: Mine is also GT with standard interior. Deluxe interior was available in any configuration. I'm adding the option to mine.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts