Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Still working on my DIY paint job.

After wrestling the quarter window out (see next question, I got the side vents off to strip the paint.

Are these reproduced? What are they called - side vents? louver vents?

Does anyone make a gasket for them or do you have to cut your own from a sheet of flat neoprene?

Thanks in advance

Rodney

·
Registered
2,102 Posts
They're called quarter ornaments usually. Maybe a quarter vent for 67 since they are the most realistic ones from the 60s. Shelby had cool scoops there. Try National Parts Depot for the gaskets.

·
Registered
658 Posts
NPD does not have it; I was unable to find any reference to it. The part is an "ornament - quarter panel - rear" with basic part number 290A76. The "gasket" was not serviced (not in the 67, 68, or 75 MPCs) and I would speculate was most likely attached at the plant where the part was cast. I ended up using 3M body caulk to seal these and provide a small gap to prevent direct contact to the painted body surface.

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks. Couldn’t find one on NPD or CJPony either. I got the old gasket off with an exacto knife and think I could cut a new one from a flat foam sheet.

·
Registered
5,426 Posts
Still working on my DIY paint job.

After wrestling the quarter window out (see next question, I got the side vents off to strip the paint.

Are these reproduced? What are they called - side vents? louver vents?

Does anyone make a gasket for them or do you have to cut your own from a sheet of flat neoprene?

Thanks in advance

Rodney
Yes they are reproduced.
67 QUARTER PANEL ORNAMENTS-SET OF 4

https://www.amazon.com/Mustang-Quarter-Panel-Ornaments-pieces/dp/B01EKEAW5Y

Scott Drake Store - 1967 Quarter Panel Ornaments, 4 pieces

Scott Drake Quarter Panel Ornament Set 1967 Mustang | Quarter Panel Ornaments | Exterior Trim | Mustang | MustangsUnlimited.com

Pretty sure I found new ones, some called "pads". If not, use 3M caulking strips available local stores.
1967 Quarter Panel Ornament Pads

1 - 6 of 6 Posts