Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I am starting to gather parts here and there to start my interior of my mustang. I want to convert the original standard interior to deluxe interior. I was wondering if it would be possible to take a standard heater control panel and remove the black center section and replace it with a brushed aluminum panel. Any of you guys ever done this before? Let me know what you guys think.

·
Registered
5,083 Posts
The camera case finish is actually cast into the part. On the deluxe units, that area is smooth. You could use an overlay, (which is what they did on the deluxe parts) but I wouldn't think that it would look right. You could experiment with sanding out the camera case part.

·
Registered
709 Posts
I'v heard of people sanding but haven't seen any. If you are planning on using an overlay you can do what I did and use the controls out of a Cougar. It's the same as the deluxe except it's painted.

-Deric

·
Registered
2,114 Posts
I remember an old post by NoStangyet about getting the deluxe interior panels by themselves. I want to engine turn my dash and door panels.
I found the link. Here it is:

http://qualitymustangs.com/id29.html

Hang on to you hat about the prices though :)

·
Registered
2,114 Posts
I remember an old post by JeffTepper about getting the deluxe interior panels by themselves. I want to engine turn my dash and door panels, and needed some replacements.
I found the link. Here it is:
www.qualitymustangs.com/
Look under brushed aluminum.
Hang on to you hat about the prices though :)

·
Registered
2,114 Posts
oops...must have stuttered...sorry.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts