Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm replacing the vent window weatherstrip on my '67. I'm installing a Midland Automotive Products weatherstrip that's a one-piece triangle shaped weatherstripping. I'm wondering what's supposed to happen to the small metal tabs that poke thru the slotted holes in the channel.

Once the full division bar is added to the vent window fixture, are the metal tabs bent over? Any particular direction? Are they supposed to catch one end of the slotted holes on the long division bar? Thanks, jp

·
Premium Member
6,370 Posts
I'm replacing the vent window weatherstrip on my '67. I'm installing a Midland Automotive Products weatherstrip that's a one-piece triangle shaped weatherstripping. I'm wondering what's supposed to happen to the small metal tabs that poke thru the slotted holes in the channel.

Once the full division bar is added to the vent window fixture, are the metal tabs bent over? Any particular direction? Are they supposed to catch one end of the slotted holes on the long division bar? Thanks, jp
See episode 88 Part 1 How to restore vent windows on a 1967 or 1968 Mustang or Cougar Autorestomod (youtube.com) It's also worth watching episode 89 part 2, but I believe what you're asking about starts after the 7 minute mark in part 1.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
How'd I miss that? Must have skipped over it. I had watched a lot of that video and episode 89.

It looks to me that the tabs were bent up BEFORE the long curved metal channel for the window is installed back into the assembly. What kind of threw me was that some of the metal tabs don't look long enough to catch any of the surrounding metal, especially the ones that are in the center of the slot. I think I'll add some 3M weatherstrip adhesive so it sits a little better. Thanks, jp

1 - 3 of 3 Posts