Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an extra set of 67 TMI Sport II black front bucket seat upholstery. Would like to use it on my 68 seats. I understand the seat pivot/latch assembly is different.

Are the metal seat and back frames identical in size so that I can use this on my 68?

·
Premium Member
4,307 Posts
I think all the 65-68 seat frames are identical except for the 68 latch provision.

Reactions: sixtysevenGTconv

·
Registered
35,833 Posts
Pretty sure the spring assembly and foam are thicker on the 68. There are differences in the frame, but not significant. If the TMI kit includes changing the foam, it might work.

·
Registered
1967 Mustang Hardtop
1,735 Posts
Let me know what you uncover. I've been looking at something similar for a set of '68/'69 buckets but using '67 covers.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Just a heads-up..... I wanted 68- 69? seats for my 65 but didn't realize the seat springs could vary. The seat frames are about the same height, but my actual seated height is 1 or 2 inches higher because of the springs. I not sure if PO altered the springs or factory specs changed. I realize the foam is bolstering the outside, but the insert seems lower and angled more towards the back than pics of other 65-66 seats i've seen.
65seat.jpg
69seat.jpg

1 - 7 of 7 Posts