Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!
  • May's Ride of the Month contest ended with a tie! Go to this thread to vote on the winner! VOTE HERE
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
3,245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know if the grommet at the firewall where the hoses go through is reproed by anyone? From what I looked, I couldn't find it, but I figured it was worth asking you guys. I'm assuming that's what the hole was for that's directly above the speedo cable hole.

If the grommet isn't reproed, any suggestions?

·
Registered
1,446 Posts
It's repro'd, but I htink you have to purchase an entire washer hose kit to get the grommet. It's not very expensive though. I got my from NPD.

·
Registered
2,871 Posts
Really? I don't remember getting the grommet in my hose and tee kit, ordered it about a year ago though for the 68 coupe.

·
Registered
3,245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well, where did you get your grommet(or did you not get one?)?

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
I did not find one either. Mine was servicable, sp I did not really look that hard for a new one.

·
Registered
3,245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Can anyone confirm or disconfirm that they got one with their washer hose kit from NPD?

·
Registered
4,897 Posts
Since suppliers will occasionally change their kits, id just call NPD and ask, 1-800-521-6104

·
Registered
3,245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
That's probably what I'll have to do. Anyone got any ideas on what to do if I can't get this? I'm just looking to plug the wall so my car won't leak at the moment. I was eventually going to hook it back up since they now repro the foot pump, but I might not be able to now.

This looks like it might work but I it's hard to say: http://www.virginiaclassicmustang.com/catalog/shop/item.asp?itemid=IN541&catid=103

·
Registered
4,897 Posts
If your just going to block it, go to the local auto parts store, harbor freight, northern tools or home depot, etc., almost all of them will sell plugs in various diameters.

That a/c grommet goes on the other side of the firewall (passenger side) I would doubt that it would work.

·
Registered
3,245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yeah, the problem is it's one of those oblong ones. The only ones at hardware stores I've been able to find are just plain round ones.

·
Registered
1,633 Posts
Acooljt said:
Can anyone confirm or disconfirm that they got one with their washer hose kit from NPD?

I bought two of these from NPD last summer - one is still in it's package- does include the grommet.

·
Registered
2,871 Posts
If its still in the package, can you post the NPD part number for it please? I need to order one for the fastback.

·
Registered
1,633 Posts
sigtauenus said:
If its still in the package, can you post the NPD part number for it please? I need to order one for the fastback.
Sam I pulled the package out last night and it turns out I am mistaken. No grommet. I must have fed the hoses through the firewall of my fastback with the old grommet in place. Sorry for the misinformation. FWIW the NPD part number is 17543-2A

·
Registered
3,245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Anyone got any suggestions on what I should do? I'm nearly positive my old grommet is long gone.

·
Registered
10,775 Posts
Is the hole the oval one in the very upper corner of the firewall?

·
Registered
3,245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
That would be correct.

·
Registered
2,114 Posts
what about a current model door plug?
Those are oval...since it is a temp fix...dealer would have them.
just a thought...
R

·
Registered
3,245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I don't know what door plug you're talking about(I know nothing about modern Mustangs as I have no interest in them). Also, I don't actually know how "temporary" this fix may be. It might be "temporary" for several years.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts