1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Having problems with my wipers.
New switch (on dash)
New motor

Switch will run motor on second position but first position there is a Zizz/click noise down low with the interior lights flickering.

So my next attack is the foor switch.

Where is it and how do I get there?

Thanks
MF

·
Registered
905 Posts
Here's the wiring diagram. The foot operated washer-wiper coordinator switch is mounted low on the firewall above the high-beam headlight switch.

Attachments

·
Registered
888 Posts
If you unplug the foot pedal, the wipers will still work, but they won't park when you shut them off. They just stop immediately. If this is your problem, you will need to look into the wiring to short cut that switch since they are not reproduced.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
How would I short cut that switch? I never use the pump anyways.

What wires and what do I do with them?

Thanks

·
Registered
36,086 Posts
Hmmm… Most states operable washers are mandatory. Why not just clean up the switch and contacts so it works right? I guarantee about 5 minutes after you destroy your washer system you'll need it. As in you're driving it on the first nice Spring day and the bonehead in front of you swerves off the road spraying you with muddy water from the shoulder.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
foot switch is fine. Noise coming from the NEW switch. Took quick disconnect apart and plugged in spades separately. Still had clicking noise inside...and felt it too. And Zizz noise is coming from somewhere else. Probably preventing full power to reach switch. I swear its coming from the engine side of firewall.

Just frustrated right now.

And I really haven't used my wipers in years....but that last short drive I did and this all started. haha

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hmmm… Most states operable washers are mandatory. Why not just clean up the switch and contacts so it works right? I guarantee about 5 minutes after you destroy your washer system you'll need it. As in you're driving it on the first nice Spring day and the bonehead in front of you swerves off the road spraying you with muddy water from the shoulder.
Yeah I get pulled over a lot asking if my windshield washer is working. hehehe

Not destroying anything. Washer pump is still there. Switch is still there. And Rainx is my friend...or will be.

·
Registered
36,086 Posts
foot switch is fine. Noise coming from the NEW switch. Took quick disconnect apart and plugged in spades separately. Still had clicking noise inside...and felt it too. And Zizz noise is coming from somewhere else. Probably preventing full power to reach switch. I swear its coming from the engine side of firewall.

Just frustrated right now.

And I really haven't used my wipers in years....but that last short drive I did and this all started. haha
There is nothing electrical on the engine side of the firewall that has anything to do with the wipers or washers. It's much better to find out what's actually wrong. You might well cut and splice the foot switch and discover the problem had nothing to do with that, which is very likely. I'd be looking at the wiper wiring.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Not touching the foot switch. Its somewhere else. Just need another pair of ears and eyes. Frustrated right now.

·
Registered
36,086 Posts
Well, you need to examine the wiper motor and wiring for damage, loose wires, etcetera.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Below is the new motor connection to the Ford wiring. Note that the confusion lies with the new motor’s GREEN and WHITE wires.

Dynacorn NPD New Motor_______FORD Wires
BLUE-------------------------------BLUE #54 ......High speed
GREEN----------------------------WHITE #58.....Low speed
RED-------------------------------RED #63.......Power 12v
WHITE----------------------------BLACK #615A......Park

1 - 14 of 14 Posts