Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm trying to figure out if I need to order hoses for a 69 351 with a 24" radiator so I will get the correct hoses or if there is a different route I should go. Most all hoses I look up don't tell you what side they route to. Does anyone know which hoses I should get? The Autolite concours hoses would be nice but I don't have to have them, just would like to get past this hurdle. Thanks

·
Registered
1970 Mustang Mach 1
1,240 Posts
If the radiator you have is a 24" drop in replacement, I think the 69 351w with 24 inch radiator hoses would fit nicely. If not than just return them.

·
Registered
3,712 Posts
69 351 W motor will have the bottom radiator connection exactly as all 67-69 small blocks, on the passengers side. Your 67 will have a passengers side.
So, you have a 67, order 67 hoses.
MAKE sure you have a 69 Windsor. 70 are opposite, drivers side.

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
69 351 W motor will have the bottom radiator connection exactly as all 67-69 small blocks, on the passengers side. Your 67 will have a passengers side.
So, you have a 67, order 67 hoses.
MAKE sure you have a 69 Windsor. 70 are opposite, drivers side.

My engine is actually a 1995 but I transferred my 69 351w timing cover and pump to it. The radiator in and out are on the passenger side. Thanks for the info.

Reactions: Mach1 Driver

·
Registered
35,835 Posts
Since you are using the 69 configuration, go with the 67-69 setup. You can put the 69 24" radiator in your 67, but of course you'll need the brackets. There will be no holes for them, since the car is a 67, you'll have to drill the lower holes.

Strictly speaking, the 67-70 cars were almost identical under the hood. The 1970 differs in that the lower hose was moved to the left side.

Reactions: mikec35

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Since you are using the 69 configuration, go with the 67-69 setup. You can put the 69 24" radiator in your 67, but of course you'll need the brackets. There will be no holes for them, since the car is a 67, you'll have to drill the lower holes.

Strictly speaking, the 67-70 cars were almost identical under the hood. The 1970 differs in that the lower hose was moved to the left side.
That's the route I am going, I have a 24" radiator coming later this week. I have a shopping cart full of parts at NPD just waiting for me to pull the trigger, the brackets and rubber isolators are in the cart. Thank you

1 - 8 of 8 Posts