Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all i have a great project for someone, it is a 68 1/2 R code GT fastback, hiland green, black standard interior, fold down, 4 spd, car is complete except for drive train, has all metal with original hood and scoop, i have all rust repair panels needed except for quarters one needs replaced, has grill fog lamps. car needs completely restored but would be a great car investment when finished, have marti report confirming options. doors original with tags, all ford glass complete interior but needs refinished. you are not buying a bare shell with title you get a complete car with out engine and transmission. i have 1500 in new metal not installed and need 10k for car or will list on auction if not sold soon. other projects force sell. thanks [email protected]

G

·
0 Posts
Is this 'highland' green CJ vin #8F02R198797?? Is this the same car that sold out of Syracuse, NY for $6200 on [censored] in June?? If this is the same car, what have you done to the car to make it worth $10,000????????

·
Premium Member
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Newcross, yes this car was bought in NY, and i got if for a great price 6200, i was prepared to pay much more as 68 1/2 CJ cars are scarce. i have invested 1500 in new USA metal that comes with car and, by the time you add up shipping and all other related costs i have about 10k invested in the car.
if you look back at the same auction sight there was a 68 CJ shell without any parts doors, glass finders, GT grill etc. ... and it sold for 7500. i guess the bottom line what is the car worth to you. if you want a cheep project car i suggest you look for something other than a 68 1/2 428 CJ, a mustang like this same color and engine transmission combination restored did not sell for 34k.
the only reason im selling is because i just picked up a Shelby project and i do not have time for both, if the car dose not sell i will put i back on the auction, but i thought that i would offer it to members of this sight first.
this car does need work but is mostly complete minus the drive train, it is a popular color combination and rear by most standards. it will be worth more that you put into it not to mention the fun it would be. thanks for you questions and concerns, if any one wants to ask any question about the car before i put it back on the auction feel free to call me. 316-640-2746

thanks
Darell

·
Premium Member
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok, looks like there is no serious interest for this web sight, thought i would offer it hear first as i hate it when all the good cars are listed on auctions without a chance to buy outright. i will be placing in on b-bay. so if you are looking for a good deal you can bid on it their. thanks

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
Don't be too put off by a couple of posts. I got your emails, but was out of town until today. I was unable to open your .art attachments (AOL Strikes again). Would like to see pics in .jpg or .tif, or even .png format.

·
Premium Member
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ok, point taken i just figured that if no one wanted to spend a time to call me then they where not interested, lots of guys wanting to trade me anything form guns to trucks, but not anyone wanting to give me a call and ask any questions, i would much rather talk to a guy on the phone and ask all my question in 10-15 minutes than play e-mail tag for a week.
but if anyone form this forum wants the car, and i don't have any bids on it i will honor this forum first and remove it form the auction, but i will not do this on the last day of the auction, sound fair??
P.S. photos can be seen on [censored]

·
Premium Member
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ok, so the auction thing did not go so well lots of tire kickers but no one with real mustang knowledge, so im offering the car one more time to the fellow mustang forum members, this time i will let it go for 7500.00 without the new sheet metal or 9000.00 with the 1500 dollars worth of new in the box metal. at 7500 im down to what i have in the car plus money i am out in shipping, i also have a line on a 69 428 replacement block that can be had for 400 if you buy the car or there is one that just popped up on the auction for 5k but it is a 68 dated cj engine. i have run out of space and need to make room for the KR that was just delivered, so give me a call or e-mail as im ready to deal.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts